Thursday, January 29, 2009

I hear faint Voices In The Still of The Night. They are Calling Your Name.

Okay I'm still fine tuning my pc and reinstalling everything but its operational enough for me to start posting again. Its about the end of the month so as you can tell by the title its time for another song title link post.




Kanno Yohko - Voices (English)
Just rewatched Macross Plus for the godzillionth on the SciFi Channel a few nights ago so this song has been in my head for the last few days. I know I've said before (this links back to the Japanese version of this song) that Kanno Yohko is Goddess. Many of the most popular anime released in the last 15 or so years has felt the grace of her musical talents. Check out her resume. If you are into anime there is a good chance she has done music for one of your favorites. Despite being almost 15 years old Voices is still one of the softest most beautiful songs I've ever heard.



Five Satins - In the Still of the Night
I have to admit that I thought of the title of this post and then found songs to fit it. I knew I had "Voices" and "Calling Your Name" and I was sure I could find a song title somewhere in the fragment "in the still of the night". Who knew that I would find a song by that exact fragment? Funny thing is I remember hearing this song before and liking it. See, I told you these posts can introduce you to new (to you anyway) music and/or music you haven't heard in a while.



Libra presents Taylor - Anomaly (Calling Your Name)
I'm sure most of you remember this from American Pie. The scene where Nadia has Jim stripping for her. So even though that series of movies suddenly made being attracted to older women "cool" (and therefore ruined it), introducing me to this song kinda makes up for it.



Well that's all for now. Later.
-->