Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My over due Christmas round up

I know I might as well be a year late doing this since I'll bet literally everyone else in the blogsphere has already done theirs but here goes (and this gives us a small break before part three of "I knew they could see eye to eye!").

Went out of town to visit my brother and his family (wife and two daughters). Lots of food. Lots of alcohol. Lots of good time. Found out my brother has been trying to design a family crest as part of an original tattoo he wants. Depending on when he finishes it I will certainly work said crest into a tattoo for myself. I mistakenly slept through Christmas morning and missed my nieces opening their presents (they say they woke me up and I went back to sleep but I have no recollection of that...).

As for me I didn't come away with a lot but that's cool because I did get was cool. From the Secret Santa at work I got some books ("The Darkest Evening of the Year" by Dean Koontz, "Cross" by James Patterson, and "The Appeal" by John Grisham) and BADLY need wallet. Now I have some motivation to finish reading Harry Potter book four. From the company I work for I got a $25 card to WalMart and another from my boss. And they were well spent. I was able to get some necessities (it was Christmas and a few days before payday, I was broke) and the season 1 box set of Angel. I've been a big fan of the show for a long time and now that the box sets are only $15 at WalMart they will be mine...oh yes...they will be mine.

So maybe I didn't come away with a lot of loot but I am very thankful for the loot I got. All in all it was a good chance to relax. Unfortunately all that patience, calm, and tranquility was short lived.
-->