Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Path of Repentance leads me into the Illusionary World, through the Mystic Forest

Tonight's song title link post is going to follow an actual theme instead of just throwing together some song titles to make a sentence. All three songs I are from the various Final Fantasy soundtracks.


Final Fantasy 10 - Path of Repentance
If I recall correctly (haven't touched this game in a few years) this was played during the temples that you had to fight your way through in order earn the aid of the various summoned monsters (called Eons in this game) within. I wasn't that big of a fan of this one (didn't even finish it) but I found this song to be very beautiful.



Final Fantasy 4 - Illusionary World
Okay I admit I had to cheat a little. This song was used in the underground area called the Land of Summoned Monsters. I could not find a satisfactory clip of this on Youtube so I just uploaded it myself. All of the clips that I found on there are only 1-2 minutes. A few years ago I decided I liked this song so much I used the program Audacity to loop it so that its about 4 1/2 minutes. The fourth entry is my hands down favorite in the series and is one my favorite games of all.



Final Fantasy 6 - Mystic Forest
A very mellow song. This is used at a point in the game where you have to go through a haunted forest. Just to give a little bit of a spoiler that section of the game ends with one of the main characters witnessing his dead wife and son cross to the other side. Not quite as good as 4 in my opinion but still a good game.

Just a side note. The majority of the music used in the Final Fantasy series is composed by Nobuo Uematsu. You should look him up.

2 comments:

Llencelyn said...

I find that of all the Final Fantasy games, I like the music of Final Fantasy IV the most. Which is part of why it ranks up there as one of my favorite games of all time. :)

Danny said...

Agreed!!!

-->