Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm sorry...

The reason I've been so quite this week is because I'm working my usual job during the day and then helping my local volunteer fire department with its annual haunted house. This means I leave home at about 8am and don't return until almost 10pm. This also means that I haven't posted in almost a week (and it looks like Sally is a bit busy too). If it makes you feel any better I haven't been playing my MMOs (I'm drifting away from Mabinogi to pick up Lord of the Rings Online) either. So as a bit of an apology for going silent for so long and since its Halloween I'll give you some treats: anime. Most people are used to watching the standard American horror movies but how many of you watch anime on Halloween? Well if you feel like watching some here are a few you may wanna check out.

L.I.L.Y. Cat
This is an old school cheesy sci-fi in the vein of the first Alien film. An alien bacteria from space gets onto a space ship and begins to kill the crew. Not original I know but it is a classic and music sets the mood so nicely. I couldn't find a clip of it to link but hell this movie is so old and cheap you can buy for about $5 or you can get it through...other means...

Vampire Hunter D
One does not talk about anime horror without mentioning Vampire Hunter D. I mean what can you say about a half human/half vampire who has a disobedient hand that talks back? The link to is about a 4 minute clip of the movie.

Petshop of Horrors
Do you like shows like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits? Then you should check this out. The Petshop of Horrors is a petshop that is operated by a man named Count D that sells "rare and exotic pets". The pets that he sells are known to have special abilities and because of those abilities the buyer must sign a contract that lists 3 conditions that MUST be followed lest the consequences be dire. I'm sure you can see how formulatic the series can be but the episodes are still pretty interesting to me. It was orginally a 41 chapter manga (available in 10 graphic novels) and four of those stories were chosen to be animated.

Now is this all there is to choose from? Hell no. But I can't give you everything can I? Well hopefully I'll get back to some sort of regularity next week.
-->