Sunday, September 14, 2008

Slow Down and Enjoy Your Life, You Only Live Twice


Slow Down by Bobby Valentino
A simple slow song. I picked the instrumental version so that you can pay more attention to the beat and not get lost in the lyrics. In this day and age when R&B is going down the toilet (mainly because of attempts at fusing soft R&B with hardcore Rap) its not very often you can find such a nice song.




Enjoy Your Life by Chris le Blanc feat Liz June
If you've never listened to any of the Cafe del Mar albums you really should. This little gem is on Volume 12.




You Only Live Twice by Nancy Sinatra
My absolute James Bond theme of all (and given there are so many great ones that says a lot). Its been covered (by Coldplay and Bjork) and sampled (by Robbie Williams for "Millennium"). Something about her voice in that song. So peaceful. So mellow.



I have to say that I think it was a good idea to start doing these song title link posts. It gives the chance to go through my music collection and listen to things I haven't heard in a while.
-->